Sunday, July 19, 2015

Wander-Lost







"Will you come with me, sweet Reader? I thank you. Give me your hand." 
-Howard Pyle, The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood














The day before these photo's were taken I had this idea to take a few shot's of my friend's and myself simply wandering around the city in our most casual natural state. We wandered around Los Angeles with no real idea of where we planned to go but we just continued on in the direction of whichever spot looked like a great place to snap some photo's. We passed off the camera from time to time in order for me to get a couple of shot's of me as well. Photos of me in The Los Angeles Public Library were taken by a friend of mine. I loved seeing myself threw the eyes of my friend's, it's like seeing yourself from the perspective in which they think you look your prettiest. It was fun to see all of the caught off guard photos as well, those always wind up being my favorite. Some times, actually every time I take or have photo's taken, I like to be, and I like my subjects to be as completely nonchalant and relaxed as possible. I find no point in forcing a fake plastic smile. All that work just makes a photo look that much more awkward. There's just something about a person being their complete selves, that I find so much more beautiful.






No comments:

Post a Comment