Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Denim In Distress








Backpack: Merona   Sunglasses: c/o Dresslink   Shoes: Chinese Laundry   Top:c/o Dresslink
 90's vintage Calvin Klein and GAP denim jeans reworked by me.

Summer has really been starting to kick in these past couple of days. I feel like I've been walking around in a gigantic oven that preheats in the mornings, and by noon is ready to start baking me alive. So It's no wonder that I had the sudden urge to take a pair of scissors to my newly thrift-ed vintage high rise denim jeans. Now I've been working on these shorts for the past couple of days. It turned out to be much more of a thought out process then I had originally intended. I figured I'd just hack off the legs to my hearts desired length and run an emery board a couple times over until I had a few cool looking frays. Then just like that a million little ideas popped into my head. I pulled out the bleach and soaked the Calvins in it with just a bit of water, and bit by bit the bleach ate away at the medium washed denim and created this real pale blue tone. I fell in love. Now with the GAP denim I tried my best at creating a more subtle design, but of course I had to have fun with it. I completely frayed the front of the shorts. I wanted a grungy but still neat look. Now I had to completely dishevel two emery boards to create these beauties but it was worth it. I put together a few accessories as a preview of what I plan to pair these babies with.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment