Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Late Afternoon









Dress: Thrifted  Necklace: Mudd  Shoes: Thrifted

My best friend took these photos of me sometime around 6 pm. I'm wearing a dress that was originally a skirt. I found this skirt at my favorite thrift store, and immediately fell in love. The velvet is extremely soft and I love how loose fitted it was, it made the perfect base to up cycle into this amazing baby doll dress. Now these photo's were taken in about 5-10 minutes. I literally just ran across the street from my house and started shooting. The last photo is of my Elliot and I, he was a bit sad cause he said he thought I was leaving him out of the photo's. So I  picked him up and took a few shots with him. I love how real these photos are a visual example of life as a young mother. As much time as it may look like I have to myself, in reality i'm juggling the responsibilities of young adult hood and being a mom. It's definitely not easy but I manage. I've actually been contemplating on a project in which i'll visually express the realities of young mother hood. I want to choose a few young mothers and photo document a day in their lives. I'll even add in a few words from the young ladies themselves. I think it'll be something different, and it'll give people on the outside a newer and more modern perspective on what it's like to be a young mom now a days. I want to get people out of the mindset that young mothers are like some sort of leper's. we're really just young adults with a bit more on our plates. So please stay tuned for that. I estimate it should be ready sometime in the next few months. 


No comments:

Post a Comment